The National Loon Center’s mission is to be an interactive educational destination that transforms visitors into champions for loons and freshwater everywhere.
To be a leader in loon preservation and freshwater conservation and an
educational, family-friendly destination with a positive impact on the local community, the regional ecosystem and visitors from across the nation.
Jon Mobeck, Executive Director
National Loon Center Scientist
Dr. Walter Piper, Chapman University, Orange, California
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- James Anderson, President
- Leah Heggerston, Vice President
- Matt Kilian, Operations & Maintenance, Chamber
- Carla White, Secretary & Treasurer
- Mary Kolesar, Business Planning, Exhibits
- Melanie Underbrink, Fundraising
- Carrol Henderson, Environment & Education
- Scott Mitchell, Marketing
The National Loon Center Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization, with its primary purpose being to support funding and donations through its non-profit status. The foundation works with many partners in MN and beyond to make the collective vision of the National Loon Center a reality.