The World Health Organization has reported that water quality and consumption is the #1 problem in the world. To compound the threat, according to The Earth Day Network, animal populations in freshwater ecosystems have plummeted by 75% since 1970.
National Freshwater Institute
We have formed the National Freshwater Institute to tackle this challenge head-on. We are working with the University of Minnesota and leaders from across the field to compile research, raise awareness and educate our audience - including curriculum development that is already underway.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- James Anderson, President
- Leah Heggerston, Vice President
- Matt Kilian, Operations & Maintenance, Chamber
- Carla White, Secretary & Treasurer
- Mary Kolesar, Business Planning, Exhibits
- Kevin Roberg, Fundraising
- Melanie Underbrink, Fundraising
- Carrol Henderson, Environment & Education
- Scott Mitchell, Marketing
The National Loon Center Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization, with its primary purpose being to support funding and donations through its non-profit status. The foundation works with many partners in MN and beyond to make the collective vision of the National Loon Center a reality.